Friday, April 30, 2010

Advice needed on this girl. Asking once more?

Well me and this girl (x) were both very good friends. Now one day i blamed here for something without thinking. This was because one of her best friends who does not know me told me what she thought was the truth. Well i believed her as i do not think someone would really lie about their best friend to someone they do not know. Anyway so i asked X and she became angry. I did not tell her that I said all of that based on HER best friend's judgement


She forgave me in a few days but I still was not sure about it and every few months i would get clues that she was lying to me. I was hurt but left it aside. Now when ever she gets upset with me she blames it on this incident. It has been like 9 months now.


Now i am getting fed up with her and after i get back to uni i am not going to talk to her. I have on several ooccasionswanted to talk to her about what is going on between us but every time she ignored me.


I just have a problem. It is not easy for me to ignore her as she lives with a girl who is my best friend(y). Y has told me to ignore X from now on as she also does not think that X is all that good a friend and that in the last 1 year she has changed a lot. Btw Y is a very sweet girl and she will not do anything to break up my friendship with X. In fact i think Y tried to help a few months back and as a result X does not like Y as much any more.


Now what should i do? We have a lot of common friends and I am going to see her whether i like it or not. What is the best way to act around her so that i can still be in good terms with her friends but ignore her as much as i can.


We are all around 21 here btw.





I have noticed that i have apologied nearly every time. She never has.Advice needed on this girl. Asking once more?
Really, you need to talk to her about it. There's no point at all in making her hate you for something that you never did. It makes her feel bad and you feel bad. Try not to get into discussions where that topic might crop up.





Tell her that all those months ago, her friend told you what she thought was the truth and everything you said to her after that was based on what her friend said to you.





Apologise for all the bad feelings involved and say you should have told her sooner but ';insert honest reason why here';





As for how to act around her, I'd recommend you go and talk to her immediately. Don't think about it for ages, you may decide against it. Really don't take her off to one side while you're out with your friends and her. They'll all ask her about it.





If you like, ask to meet up for a drink at a cafe or something and you can tell her in private there. Costa or starbucks would be fine. Also, if you or she wants to make a quick escape, that is also an option.





As you said, this has gone on for too long. I can understand holding a grudge for a few days but 9 months? What happened must have been pretty serious and she NEEDS to know the truth.





Do the right thing and tell her. Now.


Hope this helps and she takes it all okay. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment